We’re extremely pleased to announce that, alongside actor Tom Holland, we’ve donated £10,000 to the Alex’s Wish Charity!
We’re looking forward to continually supporting this great charity and helping them with their amazing work.
Alex’s Wish supports sufferers of Duchenne – one of the most common fatal genetic disorders diagnosed in children.
It is caused by a fault in the dystrophin gene – a protein that is necessary for muscle strength and function. Without this gene, every single skeletal muscle deteriorates as muscle fibres break down and replaced by fibrous fatty tissue. Here is some more information about the disease –
– A relentless muscle wasting disease
– Every single skeletal muscle is affected
– Mainly affects boys rarely girls
– 100% fatality rate – most will not live beyond their twenties
– It affects 1 in every 3,500 live male births, around 100 cases in the UK per year
– 2 boys die of Duchenne each week – one of the world’s biggest genetic killers
– Because dystrophin is absent, the muscle cells are easily damaged
– Progressive muscle weakness leads to serious medical problems
– Degeneration of the lungs means boys with Duchenne need a ventilator to breathe
– Muscles of the heart degenerate by late teens meaning the condition is severe enough to affect life expectancy
– No long-term effective treatment without major side effects e.g. steriods
– No cure… yet!
– No common standards of care
– Lack of awareness, research and funding
– Huge costs and time of transfer from clinical research to production of treatment
Alex’s Wish current aims are to eradicate Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy within the next 10 years by raising funds and supporting research/clinical trial projects and support clinical trial capacity to ensure that there are enough staff in place to run the increasing number of trials taking place.
You can find out more about this amazing charity here – http://alexswish.co.uk/
We've donated £10,000 to the Alex's Wish Charity, alongside actor Tom Holland
Anthony Joshua Supports Forever Hope5th July 17
.@Forever_Hope_Fd was created 2 make sure the right aid, support & help reaches ppl when they need it most 🔗 https://t.co/nFCkr89qYk pic.twitter.com/ymKFgKyxhs — Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua) July 4, 2017 We’d like to thank heavyweight boxing champion of the world Anthony Joshua for his on-going support of the Forever Hope Foundation. We’re collectively raising £10,000 to […]
Forever Hope @ The London Football Awards16th May 17
In March 2017, Forever Hope was invited to the London Football Awards at the Battersea Evolution as the official Entertainment Partner of the event. The event gave our Foundation a chance to spread the word about our work across the world with some of football’s elite, including the winners such as Antonio Conte, N’Golo Kante, […]
A Thank You – Nepal Fundraising6th December 16
We’d like to thank the huge number of people who helped support us during our recent collaboration with Oxfam to help those families still suffering from the Nepal earthquake. The area was shattered by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake in April 2015, which left over 9,000 dead and injured over 22,000 people. The money which you […]